Monday, March 17 - Happy St. Patrick's Day!
- GOAL: Students will demonstrate understanding of the PRIDE Matrix as it pertains to Speech Class.
- Warm up: What does Integrity mean to you inside and outside of school?
- Bring in an item that symbolizes "Integrity" to decorated PRIDE letters:)
- Hand out collage assignment - due tomorrow!
Tuesday, March 18
- GOAL: Students will demonstrate understanding of Speech Attention Getters through note taking and practice.
- Warm-up: What is your greatest fear about this class? Explain why.
- Hand out Syllabus - Go over and turn in signed sheet on Friday.
- Go over Parts of an Introduction (attention getters)
- Work on Collage Assignment if time. Present collages tomorrow!
Wednesday, March 19
- GOAL: Students will use listening skills to get to know each other through an introductory speech.
- Warm Up: What do you believe will be your best speaking technique? Explain why.
- Present Introduction Collages
Thursday, March 20
- GOAL: Students will understand why we use attention getters in speech.
- 10 minute warm up - finish attention getter practice.
- Present final collages
- Share your best attention getter
- Discuss Demonstration Assignment and that they will need to sign up--think about what you want to teach the class.
- Finish Speech Notes
Friday, March 21
- GOAL: Students will demonstrate understanding of complete introductions and outlining.
- Warm up - Speech intro pop quiz!
- Sign up for demo topics by today!
- Write a sample outline to prepare for demo outline.
- Rough outline for demo speech due at end of hour:)