Welcome to Unit 5 of Government and/or Senior Social!
This is the Personal Political Portfolio Unit and will fulfill your portfolio requirement for either Government or Senior Social Studies at PCA. In this unit, you will culminate your Government or Senior Social Studies credit by taking an in-depth and personal view of the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution. By completing each of the unit assignments, you will have created a portfolio that reflects your views on our country, state, and city. Hopefully during this process, you will think about:
- The big ideas behind the Declaration of Independence and the U.S.Constitution.
- How the Supreme Court interprets our Constitution and influences our Country.
- The important Rights and Responsibilities that go with being a U.S. Citizen.
- The biggest problems facing our country and possible solutions to some of these problems.
- Your own Political Platform. Where do you fit in on the political spectrum? Why?